How To Print
You will receive an email with the link to download your artwork as soon as payment is processed. You can then download the file to your computer and print it as many times as you like using your home printer or submit to an online printing shop or save the file to your flash drive and take it to your local print shop.
To find your local print shops and online printing shops, a quick google search will do.
Customer responsibility: Check that the file is the right one and not been tampered or modified in any way before submitting to online or local print shops for printing. When submitting online to print on canvas or other merchandise, make sure the image fits within the printing area and does not extend outside of the printing lines or the print will get cut off.
Advice for home printing?
- We cannot provide tech support for printing issues.
- But we can recommend using light colored/ white cardstock or good quality paper.
- And remind you to keep the aspect ratio of the image intact and select the highest quality print mode.
- Junk Journals are designed to be printed on US letter size, 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Most artwork prints are 16×20 inch files and it should be okay to print at 16 inch x 20 inch or smaller sizes. But when scaling down, maintain the aspect ratio. So it should easily scale down to 8×10 and 4×5 for instance. Do not print at a size bigger than 16 x 20 since this will result in low resolution and blurry prints – never scale up.
- Most artwork files are delivered as .jpg. Junk Journals are delivered as pdf files.
- If you require a different size, please contact me.
💻 Due to differences in monitors and printers, colors may vary slightly. Final print quality will also depend on factors such as type of printer and paper.
JUNK JOURNALING TIPS
Basic crafting/ junk journaling skills can be learned from the many tutorial videos out there on Youtube. Bookbinding can be done using simple sewing, tying the journal pages with a ribbon, punching holes in the pages and using a ring binder, etc.
Print on standard letter size (8.5×11) paper or cardstock, in landscape orientation. Unless you have a borderless printer, your printed journal page will have white margins around the print, which you will need to cut to prepare your journal pages. Final pages will measure approximately 5×8 inches when folded, depending on your margin settings.
MIX and MATCH
You can mix and match the order of the pages. Print a journal page on one side of the paper or cardstock, flip and feed the paper through the printer to print another journal page on the other side.
You must have a borderless printer to print borderless. If printing on a standard printer, prints come out with margins/ borders which will have to be cut off to create your journal pages.
You could try to convert pdf files to png or jpeg files to print borderless on a standard printer.